Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Weekly Recap

I don't know if there is enough ammo to make this a regular feature or not, but I suppose I could give it a shot.

Gone:  Nobody left this week.  In the last several weeks there have been a few though.  The one that sticks in my mind is that dark-skinned guy that was always hanging out with LoFat Totufu.  You know--The one that laughed and walked like a girl.  Yep, he's gone.

New Arrivals: There was one guy that showed up this week that went to work over in the CNC department.  A guy about my age or slightly older.  As usual, I have no idea what his name is.  I know very few of them.  They are--you know--them.  In the last several weeks there have been probably four or five new guys over in CNC.

Broken Stuff: The Strippit is still down.  I actually don't remember when it crashed, but it seems like Bruce was still working there when it happened so it's been a long time.  I just know it's been taking a serious toll on the shop.  We had just gotten to the point where we had tons of jobs transferred over to run on it and now everything has stopped.  Apparently, even though some of the innards were replaced right before we bought it, they were replaced with old version parts.  There is a lot of trouble with the electronics in the brain department I guess.  They had to send the computer out to get redone, but still no music coming from the Strippit.

There is still a big pile of Haas parts sitting there on the table where they have been since Derek-the-money-spender ordered them.  I kind of wonder if they ever will get installed?  By the time they want to they'll probably be damaged.

Luis, aka the incredible bulk, is still there, and still coming in so close to 6 that he may as well be coming in late.  It doesn't seem to bother him though, and why should it?  He can bend steel.

Amazingly enough, a replacement has been trained to do paddle brazing.  It's Brian, who has already filled in as a welder but is usually working in deburr.  He seems to be doing well.  All I know is, even though I don't mind doing it (it's actually kinda fun), my regular work takes a serious hit when I have to spend all day (and overtime) brazing paddles.  It's good to have someone else in on it.

Zzzz is still playing drama queen.  Never ceasing to troll for sympathy, he continues to say something within earshot of someone else with the sole intention of reeling them into a complaint/conversation session.  It doesn't work with me or TJ.  I don't hear anything nor do I even look his direction.

Yep, it's business as usual:

1 comment: