Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hanging out with Herr Bruderer!

I guess we're a little shorthanded these days. New people keep coming in, but not enough to fill all the right areas. Consequently, I got tapped to hang out with Herr Bruderer.

I haven't done anything with the Bruderer for years. I was both hesitant and interested at the same time. Not that I had a choice...

It's kind of a blast from the past running the Bruderer press. I don't remember how many hours, days, weeks, or months I ran it but it was a lot. 2 years? 3 years? I know millions of parts went through it under the watchful eye of Bruce and myself. I realized today after running it for most of the day that it's amazing how fast the boredom comes flooding back after all this time. It was different back then though--the parts we ran back then came out of the press WAY faster than today's parts do. At the running speed the press is set at for this tool (160 strokes per minute) you can actually see the body of the press actually moving up and down. I don't recall ever seeing it visibly move back in the old days. I'm sure it probably did, but it ran a lot faster so maybe I just didn't notice.

It still has the old "High Setpoint Exceeded on INPUT 2 RIGHT REAR" alarm going off regularly, and really--I wouldn't expect it to be any different (meaning fixed) from back when I used to run it. After all--a new sensor costs money! Having a press operator reset the a alarm a hundred times an hour--hey, that's free.

I snuck a couple videos for old times' sake:






No comments:

Post a Comment