Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Weekly Recap

It's been a pretty uneventful week around there this week.  One thing that was funny though.  I think it was Monday or Tuesday--at about 6:15 TJ was wondering where Mafu was.  TJ sent B.M.O.C out to check his truck, and sure enough--he was sound asleep.  First time that's happened in the morning.  Usually it's lunch when he falls asleep and someone has to go out and wake him up.

I was headed to Walmart one day after work so TJ gave me some cash to pick him up a little space heater like mine for the cold winter months.  It won't be long before he gets a chance to use it I'm sure.  It will be one of those Monday mornings when he opens the place up and it's 50° inside.

Ben was out half of Wednesday and all of Thursday because of his kid going to the hospital.  At one point Thursday morning Bzzz went inside and got authorization to roust me from my workload (which was pretty high at that point) to send me to the propane place.  They're down to the big yellow forklift and it ran out of gas while somebody was emptying chip barrels.  Anyway, everybody determined that all our tanks were empty so I was recruited.  It turns out that two of the three they said were empty were, in fact, full.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.  No, don't bother checking to see if they are empty, just take everybody's word for it, right?  I thought a couple of them seemed pretty heavy, but the gauges showed empty so I figured somebody must have known more about it than I did.  Ha.  (Knocks on head) "Hello... McFly..."

I have to wonder about Derek's job.  What the hell is he supposed to get paid for I wonder?  Because he sits in the office in plain sight, we can see that all he does is surf the internet ALL DAY LONG.  I don't really get it.  He's probably getting paid handsomely too.  I do find it funny when I watch him type on the keyboard.  He types with his left index finger and his right middle finger.  That's it.  Reminds me of my dad when he's typing except Derek uses both hands.

Gone: Nobody is left this week?  Wow.

New Arrivals:  Phil came walking by me with a new guy on Monday morning at the usual 7:30 time for a new guy.  I think he's working as being trained on Strippit.  Apparently he's smart enough and is able to learn things so they didn't leave him in deburr.

That same day I noticed a new guy in CNC all day.  I'm not sure when he showed up.  He rolled his tool box in at 2:20 so I guess he's staying.

Broken equipment:  Same as last week.  Nothing new broke down that I'm aware of.  If it did I didn't hear about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment