Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Weekly Recap

This will be a pretty short recap because from my perspective it was a pretty uneventful week at LaCroy.  I'm sure I would have lots to talk about if I could get stories and gossip from everybody, but alas--I cannot.

It was a busy week for me--I do know that.  Stuff just kept on coming in.  Things kept happening.  Ben was gone Wednesday, so I had to add driving to my regular tasks that day.  I worked overtime on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and it hardly even put a dent in the stuff I had piled up to do.  Not so much in the way of raw materials--It was mostly standards, oddball things, and shipping stuff.

There seems to be a lot of errors these days.  Most are on paperwork.  I caught one box that had been pulled off the shelf for delivery to somebody that wasn't even the right box.  Another time I caught the part number wrong on a PO going out.  Another time I caught (and this one was much bigger) a complete duplication of the paperwork on one of the 7 items I was shipping out to Brenner in Pennsylvania.  In other words, there were two cert packs for one product but none at all for another.  If I'm catching that many errors in just my day-to-day operations, I have to wonder how many things are not getting caught.

Mike will be gone next week--taking his first full week off in at least two years.  It's going to be way crazy next week without his coordination skills.  I predict confusion, chaos, and meltdown... in that order.

Speaking of meltdown:  I was witness to a meltdown that Harry had with Scott near my area.  From what I gathered, Harry was venting bigtime about him having to work weekends--like it was getting to be a regular and assumed thing every week.  Phil was brought into the fray and things calmed down to a point where I couldn't hear was was being said any longer.


Gone:  Tuesday morning it occurred to me that the new office guy (working in the Phil/Pinto office) hadn't been there either day. After asking around a bit I found out he left for a job at Boeing. Friday was his last day, so he should have actually been on last weeks recap.  Easy come, easy go.

New Arrivals: Nobody new this week.  It's looking like our recent crop of grunt labor hires may be some pretty good guys.  Time will tell.

Broken Equipment:  There still seems to be no desire for anyone to fix the green forklift yet.  There it sits--unused.  It seems that every time somebody was using the regular Daewoo forklift for emptying chip barrels this week, that's when a delivery truck would show up.  One day it happened twice in 30 minutes.  I don't think there is anything new broken.  Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment