Thursday, December 15, 2011

Overdose!

I've been doing my job of receiving clerk for quite a while now.  Like all of the jobs I've been given during my time at LaCroy, I took what was handed me, and I tweaked and massaged it until it worked better--basically both personalizing it and making it more efficient.  I used to wonder if I was the receiving "manager", but I soon decided that if I were a manager I would most likely be able to send my own emails to vendors instead of relying on Dale to do it for me.  It's very embarrassing.  Many of my problem-solving emails start out something like, "Hi Dale, we have a problem with the order we just received in from ABC.  Could you contact them and ask them..." blah, blah, blah.  You get the drift.  No, even though I manage a lot of things, I'm far from a manager.

The workload at my position is subject to some pretty wild swings.  Some days I get hammered and some days I have to find things to keep busy on.  Yesterday was a little different though.  I think the most items of raw material I've ever gotten in during one day is somewhere around 10 or 12.

That number got thrown out the window yesterday.

Not only did I get 24 P.O.'s worth of material in during one day, but they were all from one vendor.


When I finally got them all signed and entered, it was time for Dale to do his part:  Marrying them each up with the job they were supporting.

Then he stuffed my in box:


I finally left there last night at about 5:40pm.  Amazingly enough, I even outlasted Bernie... But only by a couple minutes.

I didn't even make a dent.

2 comments:

  1. Wait - what's that? A metal inbox? and a snazzy file box of sorts with adjustable shelves? How do you score? What happened to cardboard everything?

    ReplyDelete