Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Weekly Recap


You can always tell it's December around LaCroy, but only in one specific place:  Elaine's "office".  It seems to be a little enhanced with a few addition items this year.  I think we should call it the Massey Mantel.

There are lot of moments when I wish I had video rolling as a particular even unfolded.  You know, "shoulda, woulda, coulda" and all that.  Earlier this week one of those events unfolded.  I was working late (lots of O.T. this week but that's another story) on one particular afternoon--Tuesday I think it was.  As most people know, it's a lot quieter when the day shift folks go home after 2:30.  At about 3 or 3:30 or whatever, I heard someone raising his voice.  I strained to listen.  I didn't have to strain my ears to much though because it was very easy to hear: "...you don't tell me to shut my mouth... My mother doesn't even talk to me that way!  YOU DON'T TELL ME TO SHUT MY MOUTH... MY MOTHER DOESN'T EVEN TALK TO ME LIKE THAT!!"

Like I said--I may have the verbiage wrong because I didn't get it down right away like I should have.  Anyway, it turns out it was 2nd shift Pat screaming at Bzzz.  Why?  I have no idea.  I just suffices to say it was a potential situation that got a lot of interest from everyone there.  Almost everyone started moving in that direction in case they had to break something up.  Bzzz walked away, and Jim walked Pat out the door and talked with him for a while.  It was pretty intense.

The new CNC machines are almost ready for running.  Since my last update, almost everything had gotten finished by B.M.O.C. as amazing as it sounds.  The power, the air--all done.  The power wasn't totally complete, but was apparently close enough.  The wiring was run up to and into both transformers but wasn't hooked up yet.  I don't know if the Haas setup guys hooked it all up or B.M.O.C. did, but it got done.  The guys were there all day yesterday setting things up.  Adjusting, leveling, tuning--whatever it is they do.   Here's just a bunch of random shots I snapped during their work:







I guess there is a part actually ordered for the green forklift--used of course.  I have no idea (and probably neither does anyone else) if it's going to fix it, but at least they ordered something for it.

The van got a couple new shoes.  After much rotation (the spare in Bruderer room and spare in the van got rotated into use somehow) it ended up with new tires on the rear.  Les Schwab wanted us to get the ball joints replaced and an alignment done (insert huge laugh here).

I forgot to mention several weeks ago that The Incredible Hulk left.  It's been at least three weeks since the steroid kid was shown the door.  Lots of other guys have left too, but as I've seen before:  I can't keep up.  Most of the time they just fade away.  I know one other guy that "faded away" was the CNC guy that always had the messy hair and never talked.  CNC guys:  Gotta love em!

No comments:

Post a Comment