Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Easy Come, Easy Go...

I'm not sure what Derek was actually hired for.  I figure he did a nice sales job on Phil, delivering such a nice interview that Phil had no choice but to brand him a job.  Phil hires some people with a "you'll do for now" attitude and others are held in high regard.  It's like he has dreams of great things from his new hire.  I know Derek was good for surfing the web and trying to make it look official.  I have to hand it to him though:  He surfed the web all day every day for quite a long time.

I'm thinking he actually came to the end of the internet and Phil told him to go outside and play.

He came in this morning as usual, but left not long afterwards.  From what I heard, he was going to leave to go to work somewhere else.  Also, I guess when he gave his notice, Phil told him there was no reason to stay two weeks and told him to leave right then.

I think he was hired as some sort of "maintenance manager" or something like that.  You know, a person that would coordinate repairs, upgrades, upkeep, and the like.  I know he never did those sorts of things.  I guess he fancied himself a research technician.  For someone that spent as much time on the computer as he did, you'd think he'd be able to type with more than one finger on each hand wouldn't you?  Not so.

I'm glad he's gone.  Not because he wasn't a nice guy--he was.  I just hate to see our bosses paying someone good money to do nothing when it should be going to people that deserve it.

I wonder how his son-in-law, B.M.O.C. will fare without him?  It might be kinda lonely having to talk to only us working men for a change.

In one respect I'm sorry he's gone.  You see, there is one thing that I always wanted to hear him say.  There was one line from the classic Pink Floyd album, Dark Side of the Moon that I wanted him to do live and in person:

"I don't know... I was really drunk at the time..."

He had the exact voice and accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment